After over 3 long months, we are happy to announce the return of soccer to Port Coquitlam!
The email below was sent to all members. We encourage all members to read through the email, and the documents of our return to play plan to ensure that they are familiar with all the details of how we are getting back to training, and keeping everyone safe.
To Register for U09 – U18 July FREE Sessions, please email email@example.com with Player’s full name and Date of birth
*NOTE – Registration for the Fall 2020/21 Season is required to register. No on-site registration or drop-in’s will be allowed.
Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC Return to Play
This email is to outline our initial plans on Return to Play for Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC. This process has taken much planning in working with the guidelines set out by BC Soccer Association, Via Sport, The City of Port Coquitlam and the Health Ministry. Collectively, we have had to work with each organization, compiling relevant information around safe return to ensure the safety of our members. Please read this email in full as there is a lot of important, time sensitive information.
Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC Soccer & Phase I Return to Play
At this time, we are in BC Soccer’s Phase I of return to play. This means that for the short-term, soccer will look different from what we are accustomed to. We have strict guidelines to follow around safety and social distancing. We will continue to adapt our return to play protocols as we move through various incremental phases set by the Provincial Government and BC Soccer.
Please see our full Return to Play Plan as well as Arrival & Departure information for Gates Park sessions and Player/Parent expectations here:
- Return to Play Plan: https://pocosoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/RTP.pdf
- Gates Park Arrival/Departure info: https://pocosoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Arrival-Departure-Plan.pdf
- Player/Parent Expectations: https://pocosoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Player-Parent-Checklist.pdf
Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC 2020-2021 Season
As we are still in uncertain times, we are planning to the best of our ability for the 2020-2021 season. While we are unsure of when we will be able to resume to game play, our club is committed to provide a quality program that is safe. Here some important details:
- We continue to work on plans for our U4-U8 players. At this time, they are not part of BC Soccer’s Phase I Return to play. We will provide information to our membership about these age groups as soon as we are able
- We will maintain club presence at all sessions to ensure safety protocols are followed
- We will communicate with our volunteer coaches around safety and curriculum prior to team training beginning
- Registration fees are set. While there may be a reduced number of sessions due to the number of players on the field, there are increased costs involved to deliver safe and responsible programming.
- We do expect games to resume at some point during the season, however, we cannot provide a timeline for this
- We will be running a 4-week program for all U9-U18 players starting July 6th at no additional cost to that of the season registration (details are below)
- Once team training has started, times may alter somewhat as we move through phases. In order to maximize the number of sessions we can provide players, there will be training on weekends for some ages rather than games. We expect team training sessions to begin late August
We realize that people are anxious to get back on the pitch. At this time, there will be no team training run by our volunteer coaches. All team officials have been instructed that they are not to be returning to play with their teams. Once our team officials have been trained on the safety protocols and we have received our field allocations, we will look to begin team training in late August. We will continue to keep our membership informed as this draws closer.
Prior to the outbreak of Covid19, our club was able to complete the evaluation process for U11 and U12 boys and girls and therefore those select teams are set at this time. For U13-U18, our divisional teams were scheduled to have evaluations during April. However, due to the outbreak, we were forced to cancel. In our current climate, with our limitations due to social distancing measures and limited numbers of players on the field, we have had to restructure our process for evaluation.
As we work through these difficult times, we are committed to maintaining integrity in both the selection of our players as well as the placement of our teams in divisions once we move into league play. As part of our process, we have used year end evaluations of players from the 2019-2020 season between coaches, our technical staff and our coordinators. Coaches have already been reaching out to players to see of their intentions to return. We continue to monitor registration daily while looking to set rosters. Our registration deadline is set for July 6th. To be considered for a Metro/Division 1 or Division 2 team, you must be registered by this date. After that date, we plan to solidify the remainder of our divisional teams from U13-U18. Players will be contacted by head coaches directly around team placements. As always, players may get the opportunity to train/play at higher levels if they are excelling. Our technical staff will be monitoring this as we move forward and will be in season long communication with coaches.
Age Group Training in July 2020
We are proud to announce that to begin BC Soccer’s Phase I at Poco Euro-Rite FC, we have planned technical staff driven age group training sessions. This will be a 4-week program for all U9 – U18 registered 2020-2021 players. This will be at no additional cost to your fall registration. Players will train once per week in their age groups by gender.
Our technical staff will oversee/coach these sessions using all safety protocols in conjunction with our volunteer coaches. The curriculum provided will adhere to social distancing, which is our main purpose for having our first month driven by our staff.
There will be a separate sign up on Gotsoccer for the July program as part of our protocol. We will need to ensure we are prepared for the number of players showing up as we have limits to the number of players on the field at a given time. We must also take careful attendance for all sessions during Phase I. Registration for this will be on a first come first served basis. If we need to add more sessions in an age group due to numbers, we will do so. We wish to provide this opportunity to all players.
- If you have not registered for Fall 2020/21, please click on the link and register first
- You can then register for the summer sessions now (no additional cost) using the following link:
*Reminder you must be registered for the 2020/2021 season inorder to sign up for the Summer sessions.
**If you are registering for 2020/2021 season NOW, please allow us 24 hours to manually approve the registration prior to you registering for the Summer session.
July Training Schedule
- Start Date Monday July 6th, end date Sunday August 2nd
- U9 – U18 Players train once per week in their given timeslot
- All sessions are held at Gates Park Turf
- Where both turfs are used, you will be assigned to a turf closer to the start date
- Times are subject to change due to registration numbers
- There will be NO onsite or drop in registration – you are signing up for 4 sessions.
- We ask that your family limit the number of spectators to avoid crowds and to ensure safe social distancing if watching from the fence line
|U9 Boys (2012)||Saturdays 10:00-10:50am (Turf 1&2)|
|U10 Boys (2011)||Saturdays 11:10-12:00pm (Turf 1&2)|
|U11 Boys (2010)||Mondays 5:00-5:50pm (Turf 1&2)|
|U12 Boys (2009)||Tuesdays 5:00-5:50pm (Turf 1&2)|
|U13 Boys (2008)||Wednesdays 5:00-5:50pm (Turf 1&2)|
|U14 Boys (2007)||Wednesdays 6:10-7:00pm (Turf 1&2)|
|U15 Boys (2006)||Wednesdays 7:10-8:00pm (Turf 1)|
|U16 Boys (2005)||Wednesdays 7:10-8:00pm (Turf 1)|
|U17 Boys (2004)||Thursdays 6:10-7:00 (Turf 1 &2)|
|U18 Boys (2003)||Thursdays 7:10-8:00 (Turf 1)|
|U9 Girls (2012)||Sundays 10:00-10:50am (Turf 1)|
|U10 Girls (2011)||Sundays 11:10-12:00pm (Turf 1)|
|U11 Girls (2010)||Mondays 6:10-7:00pm (Turf 1)|
|U12 Girls (2009)||Mondays 6:10-7:00pm (Turf 2)|
|U13 Girls (2008)||Tuesdays 6:10-7:00pm (Turf 2)|
|U14 Girls (2007)||Tuesdays 6:10-7:00pm (Turf 1)|
|U15 Girls (2006)||Thursdays 5:00-5:50pm (Turf 1)|
|U16 Girls (2005)||Thursdays 5:00-5:50pm (Turf 2)|
|U17 Girls (2004)||Thursdays 7:10-8:00 (Turf 2)|
|U18 Girls (2003)||Thursdays 7:10-8:00 (Turf 1)|
We thank you for your support and patience while we work through a safe and responsible return to play for our Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC membership.
President Port Coquitlam Euro-Rite FC